SpiralCom Communications defines Year 2000 compliance for our
WinTAR product line as the ability of our product to function accurately
- without interruption before, during
and after January 1, 2000;
- without changes in operation associated with the advent of the Year 2000.
Additionally, in order to be considered Year 2000 compliant, our WinTAR
- Correctly handle date information
before, during, and after January 1, 2000. (*)
- Represented and stored date
information using four digit years.
- Utilized the correct Operating system functions to recognize the year 2000 as a leap
(*) Because tar originates from the Unix world, all date and timing
information are represented internally by a 32-bit integer storing the number of seconds
since January 1, 1970. This means that the representation will break down during the
year of 2038. We'll worry about this problem 39 years from now!
Based on the above definition, the following WinTAR products are Year
- WinTAR-Remote Version 2.2.1 and
- WinTAR-SCSI Version 2.2.1 and above
If your product is not listed above, your product is not Year 2000 compliant.